Why You Need An AED Maintenance Program
As AED’s become more prevalent across the country, a new problem is popping up. Lives are still being lost because organizations are buying used & outdated AED equipment (to save money), or are not maintaining their AEDs.
Did you know?
- 75% of the AEDs that we examine in onsite consultations have expired pads (2-5 years) or dead batteries (4 years).
- That is two to five years that an AED has hung there without anyone checking to see if it is in life-saving readiness.
- There are laws that govern the placement, training and maintenance of AEDs.
- Therefore, it is critical to have your own AED program in place.
So, what is the solution? Your school, church, or workplace needs to have a qualified AED expert come to your site, assess your needs, install the best automated external defibrillators (AED) for your location (in the right places), and then maintain that equipment over time, according to the specs for the AED brand that you installed.
Getting Started with AEDs
Here are the steps that First Responder KS takes with each new client:
- Initial site survey (to make sure you are in legal compliance)
- Helping you choose the right AEDs for your location and budget (ask us about our discounts)
- Training your staff to use the AEDs and to perform CPR
- Helping you to register your AEDs with your local EMS, so they know where to find them on location
- Getting you set up on an AED Maintenance Program
Our AED Maintenance Program
We make sure that every time you turn to an AED at your location, it is in working order. For each minute defibrillation is delayed, the chance of survival is reduced approximately 10%. After 10 minutes of fooling around trying to figure out why your AED isn’t working, that person has died.
First Responder offers a complete maintenance program for every AED.
Every life matters. Don’t delay. Get started with our AED Maintenance Program today.
Call Duane at 316-253-3803 or schedule your onsite AED assessment.