We are extremely passionate about saving lives, and we want to empower YOU to do the same.
You don’t need to have a career in life saving, like founder, Duane Billinger, to do this. You need the right equipment in the right places.
What is at stake?
- Sudden cardiac arrest can happen to anyone, even those who are seemingly healthy.
- SCA causes more deaths than breast cancer, colon cancer, motor vehicle accidents and diabetes, combined (300,000 and 400,000 per year outside of hospitals).
- The average time for paramedics to arrive once 911 is called is 8 to 12 minutes. For each minute defibrillation is delayed, the chance of survival is reduced by about 10%. YIKES! In 8 minutes, that is an 80% reduction in chance of survival.
Do you want someone at your school, church or business to die because you are not prepared to save them?
Let’s partner together to save lives!
The #1 thing you need to do:
- Install AEDs, as per all federal and local guidelines.
- Maintain your AEDs so that they are always in life-saving order. Did you know? 75% of the AEDs that we examine in onsite consultations have expired pads (2-5 years) or dead batteries (4 years).
Here is where we come in:
- We know the laws.
- We know life saving.
- We come to you to do a location assessment.
- We come to you to assess your current AED equipment for life-saving readiness.
Why do business with First Responder KS?
You cannot find another company that is more invested in making sure your school, church or business is in compliance with federal and local laws and ready to save lives.
Our founder, Duane Billinger, started his EMS career in 1980, certifying as an EMT and a CPR instructor. He certified as a Paramedic in 1985 and an EMT instructor in 1990. In 1994, he started teaching EMT and advanced EMT classes full time. In 1998, he went to work in a hospital setting, in the ICU, ER and then the heart cath lab, as well as working part time for an air ambulance service. He has been on the board of various local, regional, state and national associations of EMS. Additionally, he has taught more than 50 EMT and Advanced EMT classes, and was a Clinical Educator for the EZ IO.
Today, Duane’s focus is on making sure every school, church and business has correctly located AEDs and that they are in good working order.
Here is what one of our clients has to say:
“Duane has been great to work with. He is prompt, willing, and exhibits expertise. First Responder KS is an important part of our care team at Medicalodges.”
Shannon Lager RN, BSN
Vice President & Chief Clinical Officer
DON’T WAIT! Call us to come assess your site and AED equipment today. 316-253-3803
Saving lives for 37+ years